Soft, brownie-like cookies studded with chocolate chips and M&Ms. Who can resist? This recipe has been a family favorite for years! The original recipe is from Baker by Nature. No stand mixer or fancy tools required! Just lots and lots of chocolate! YUM!
Purchase the seasonal versions of M&Ms and show off this cookie for every season and holiday!
This recipe was bound to be on the blog sooner or later. Sooner happened when I partnered with VAIN Foods vanilla to promote a special Children’s Mercy Hospital Helping Hands Vanilla Blend. This cookie is perfect for the rich Madagascar vanilla extracted in sugar cane spirits. There is a limited supply of this vanilla, and 100% of the proceeds from the sales of this vanilla will go to the Children’s Mercy Emergency Response Fund. (Pssst! Free shipping until August 2020!)
So, if you’re baking your way through the #stayathome period, make it count by supporting Children’s Mercy as well. You’re goodies will taste even better when you use this high quality vanilla, and even your taste buds will somehow know that it benefited someone in need.
Double Chocolate M&M CookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup +1 Tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (I use vanilla salt)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 Tbsp whole milk or cream at room temperature
1 tsp Children’s Mercy Blend vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M’s (a 10oz bag)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Place 1 cup chocolate chips and butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 1 minute bursts on 50% power stirring after each minute until melted and smooth.
- In a second bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In a third, large bowl, whisk together the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the eggs/sugar ingredients stirring with a silicone spatula just until combined. Do not over mix!
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the batter and gently fold.
- Set aside 1/3 cup of M&Ms and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to add to your cookies after baking. Pour the remainder of the chocolate chips and M&Ms into the batter and stir gently to incorporate.
- Use a large (3-4 Tbsp) cookie scoop to scoop the batter onto the prepared trays. Aim for 8 cookies on a standard cookie sheet. These cookies are bigger and spread more than a typical cookie.
- After placing the cookies into the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and bake for 16-18 minutes. The edges will be set and the centers should no longer be jiggly, even if they look a little under baked.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, immediately, and gently, press 2-4 M&Ms and a few chocolate chips into the top of each cookie while they are still hot. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the the cookie sheets.